By The Neville Awards
Pardon Neville's Latin but there's a new religion in town and it's name is Global Warming. The high priest is Pope Gore I and he has spoken. In his "the sky is falling" pontification to
Congress on March 21, 2007 he pronounced the "debate is over...the planet has a fever".
This new religion even comes with it's own disciples and indulgences. The word is being spread starting at the K through 12
school level, in Hollywood claptrap like "The Day After Tomorrow" and "An Inconvenient Truth", and the old Leftist media. If you happen to fly on private jets or drive
a Hummer, or have a 20-room, eight-bathroom mansion that uses 22,619 kWh per year, no problema. The mere purchase of
a fashionable fluorescent light bulb as a carbon offset puts you back on the road to carbon-neutrality. Pollution guilt is eased and you're back in the good graces of the
tree-hugging high priests.
Step out of line, dare to question the dogma and you risk being labeled "climate change denier" by the
global warming nazis. Note the word denier as in holocaust denier. Green is the new "red". Environmentalism is the new Communism.
By manufacturing a crisis (remember population crisis in the 1960's, the global cooling crisis in the 1970's) the New Left believes it can finally control everyone's lives by altering behavior on, literally, every level. The cost,
of course, will be enormous. And we will foot the bill.
Among the inconvenient facts that the Global Warming Fascistas don't want to acknowledge are:
Consider this from the London Telegraph (March 3, 2007)
- The period of global warming from the time of the Roman Empire to 1300 A.D. believed to have been caused by increased sun spot activity and radiation output (no CO2 emissions then)...
- Followed by the Mini-Ice Age from 1300 to 1850 believed to have been caused by decreased sun spot activity and radiation output...
- Followed by the current period of global warming from 1850 to the present believed to have been caused by increased sun spot activity and radiation output (and possibly fossil fuels).
- According to Nasa scientists the ice caps on Mars are undergoing continuous melting and reforming, and the planet as a whole is warming. In addition Jupiter, Neptune, and Pluto are also warming, believed to be caused by the activity of the sun.[Or it could be the grays driving SUV's]
- The exemption of India and China from the Kyoto Accords contributing to the defeat of that treaty in the U.S. Senate.
- The blocking of all Nuclear Power Plant development in the U.S. by the Global Warming/Environmental Fascistas (France gets 70% of it's power from nuclear power - the one thing they actually do right) forcing
us to build heavily polluting coal-fired electricity plants.
- China and India are also bringing hundreds of coal-fired electricity plants online every year.
- The Earth is four billion years old...when it's done with humanity it will discard us like bad habit climate change or not.
"Scientists who questioned mankind's impact on climate change have received death threats and claim to have been shunned by the scientific community.
They say the debate on global warming has been "hijacked" by a powerful alliance of politicians, scientists and environmentalists who have stifled all questioning about the true environmental impact of carbon dioxide emissions.
Timothy Ball, a former climatology professor at the University of Winnipeg in Canada, has received five deaths threats by email since raising concerns about the degree to which man was affecting climate change.
"Western governments have pumped billions of dollars into careers and institutes and they feel threatened," said the professor.
"I can tolerate being called a sceptic because all scientists should be sceptics, but then they started calling us deniers, with all the connotations of the Holocaust. That is an obscenity. It has got really nasty and personal."
Last week, Professor Ball appeared in , a Channel 4 documentary in which several scientists claimed the theory of man-made global warming had become a "religion", forcing alternative explanations to be ignored.
Richard Lindzen, the Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Atmospheric Science at Massachusetts Institute of Technology - who also appeared on the documentary - recently claimed: "Scientists who dissent from the alarmism have seen their funds disappear, their work derided, and themselves labelled as industry stooges.
Consequently, lies about climate change gain credence even when they fly in the face of the science."
[Read Lindzen's article ]
Of course being the High Priest of Green has it's pitfalls and, for Pope Gore I, it isn't easy being green. Since winning an Oscar
for his Inconvenient Truthumentary this Hollywood darling's carbon footprint is resembling
Sasquatch. The Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves
a gold statue for hypocrisy. Consider these inconvenient truths:
of the Wall Street Journal gives his take on Pope Gore I and the Global Warming Swindle.
- Gore's mansion, [20-room, eight-bathroom] located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service
- The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh--more than 20 times the national average.
- Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh--guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore's average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.
- Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore's energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.
- Natural gas bills for Gore's mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.
- In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006."
- The Tennessee Center for Policy Research claims that Nashville Electric Services records show the Gores in 2006 averaged a monthly electricity bill of $1,359 for using 18,414 kilowatt-hours, and $1,461 per month for using 16,200 kilowatt-hours in 2005. During that time, Nashville Gas Company billed the family an average of $536 a month for the main house and $544 for the pool house in 2006, and $640 for the main house and $525 for the pool house in 2005. That averages out to be $29,268 in gas and electric bills for the Gores in 2006, $31,512 in 2005.
- A Gore home in Carthage used to sit on an active zinc mine until 2003. Gore received $20,000 a year in royalties from Pasminco Zinc, which operated a zinc concession on his property. Tennessee cited the company for adding large quantities of barium, iron and zinc to the nearby Caney Fork River. To be fair the mine closed in 2003.
Gore has held apocalyptic views about the environment for some time. So why, then, didn't Gore dump his family's large stock holdings in Occidental (Oxy) Petroleum? As executor of his family's trust, over the years Gore has controlled hundreds of thousands of dollars in Oxy stock. Oxy has been mired in controversy over oil drilling in ecologically sensitive areas.
Obviously living la vida carbon-neutral apparently doesn't mean living oil-stock free.
Obviously, there is a lot of money to be made by going "green".
Corporations have recognized that there are enough guilt-ridden suckers who
will buy into global warming and make them richer.
Here's how the game will be played at the upper level:
Three California ex pols (Steve Westly, Bob Hertzberg, and
Bill Jones) are going to negotiate huge contracts for
California in solar power and ethanol with the following
companies: TXU Corp --they build power plants...the deal is
they won't build coal fired plants, Walmart --energy
efficient lightbulbs and Bank of America to lend money to other
companies involved with global warming. These guys may not buy into the scam
but they sure know how to work the scam.This story appeared in the LA Times Business
section on March 9, 2007. This will happen all over the country
at the govt./corporate level.
Now there is nothing wrong with making money. So the
investment play for mere mortals is to invest in companies
that are going to be developing "green" products. That way
you can make money without being sucked into the whole global
warming scam. Let the suckers buy the worthless junk that
floods the market.