| | | |
By Gary Starr for The Neville Awards
Posted June 7, 2007
Rosie O'Donnell and Michael Moore have spoken:
O'Donnell: "Don't fear the terrorists - they are mothers and fathers" - The View
Moore: There is no terrorist threat…you need to calm down, relax, listen very carefully and repeat after me: THERE…IS…NO…TERRORIST…THREAT! - Dude, Where's my Country?
Do you feel safe now?
They want you to feel safe. The George Soros funded Liberal Establishment wants you to feel safe. They must take your mind off this 'inconvenient' global war. They want you to think about health care, a living wage, education, L'Affaire Paris (Hilton) and multicultural non-issues like gay marriage. Everything about the election in 2008 depends on it. The Democrats are desperate to get their guy (or gal) in. But their Achilles heal is national defense. It always has been since the 1970's. That was the period of time when Jimmy Carter sold out the Shah of Iran, let the clerics take over and put us in the situation we are in now.
For Democrats to win the big prize in '08 they must convince you, the voter, that there is no War On Terror.
Recently, Lifetime Appeasement Achievement Neville Award Winner Jimmy Carter labeled the Bush administration the "worst in history". Step on to the Wayback Machine and examine the sterling accomplishments of the Carter administration:
The bottom line is this -- the mess we are in today can be traced directly back to Carter's weakness on Iran and his unwillingness to confront the Soviets in Afghanistan. If Carter had not sold out the Shah we would not have had an Islamic revolution in Iran. If Carter had been tough with Brezhnev the Soviets might not have invaded Afghanistan. The Soviets eventual defeat led directly to the rise of the Taliban and al Qaeda. Carter's legacy is 9/11 the War on Terror and the Democrat Party as currently constituted.
- Carter sells out the Shah of Iran leading to the Islamic Revolution
- Iran seizes U.S. embassy and holds hostages for 444 days -- Carter impotent to act.
- Soviet Union invades and occupies Afghanistan -- Carter's reaction is to boycott the Olympics. He said "I can't believe Brezhnev lied to me".
- Soviet Union expands influence in Africa and Central America -- Sandinistas take control of Nicaragua
- Double-digit inflation and a recession.
- Gas crisis -- record prices contribute to double-digit inflation
- Dow Jones industrial average stuck in neutral -- never rises above 1000
- Blames Americans for the country's problems in his famous 'malaise' speech
The inability of the liberals to deal with the reality of Carter's incompetence forces them to talk down the war and talk up the incompetence of the Republicans…any Republicans who advocates a strong approach to defense.
It was interesting and laughable to listen to the Democrats and the New Left defend the indefensible prior to January 2007:
Liberals have continuously called for Gitmo to be closed...they want lawyers for the terrorists, and, above all, they want to rescind the Patriot Act. The New Left-controlled media undermines intelligence operations by exposing them in the N.Y. Times and the Washington Post. Liberals endlessly claim that the President and his advisors failed to connect the dots after 9/11.
- The President led us into war on a lie.
- We were tricked into voting for the war.
- I voted for it before I voted against it.
- I didn't mean to vote for the war.
- If I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have voted for the war.
- I support the troops but I'm against the war.
- I support the troops but I'm against the mission.
- Support the troops - bring them home now!
- Our "occupation" of Iraq is contributing to terrorism.
We must not forget the standard Media Matters lockstep talking points repeated ad nauseum by every liberal talking head and George Soros funded website:
The Democrats, out of power, have shamelessly flirted with defeat and surrender by calling for withdrawal timetables and endless investigations. All of this was designed to undermine support for the war effort at home and prepare the electorate for '08. They are for the most part, completely hopeless on national security. The level of Bush Hatred Syndrome has reached such proportions that Democrats would rather gain power and lose the war than protect the country.
- Bush lied about WMD (that means everyone else did too including Clinton, Kerry, The U.N., the French and the Russians)
- Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 (no one said he did)...the war is fueling terrorism (like there was no terrorism prior to Iraq)
- Worst foreign policy disaster in our history (pulling out of Viet Nam?).
Since taking office in January of 2007 we have have been treated to act after act of tone-deaf political posturing by this collection of , most notably, the series of anti-war votes. HR1591 had so much pork in it (didn't the dems campaign against earmarks?) that was the only way Pelosi and Co. could get a majority of Democrats on board. Since the beginning of 2007 the Democrats have been twisting themselves into a pretzel over war funding and timetables for "withdrawal" and still, they try to convince us of their support for the troops.
The dirty little secret of the Democrats was to de-fund the war but they didn't have the stones to come out and say that. Obviously a pure up-or-down vote to cut off war funding would be political suicide for any party and a true testament to Nancy Pelosi's and Harry Reid's incompetence. Instead, after presidential vetoes, they caved and reluctantly passed a war spending bill sans surrender. But don't forget, they support the troops.
Consider these "missteps" since taking congressional power:
With the liberal mainstream media in the tank for the Democrat Party, and anxious to see a Democrat win in '08, they play down the War on Terror at every opportunity.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Rep. Tom Lantos forging their own foreign policy by trudging off to Syria for "talks" with Assad.
- Sen. Majority Leader Herry Reid telling us
- A House vote against the troop surge coming on the heels of the appointment of Gen. Petraeus to manage the surge
- A House vote to end funding by 9/30/07 HR 1591
- A House vote agreeing to that resolution
- A Senate vote agreeing to the resolution
- Calls for investigations of Alberto Gonzales and Condoleezza Rice
- Dennis Kucinich introducing articles of impeachment for Vice President Dick Cheney
Whenever there is a report of a foiled terror plot the standard response is to:
This was the standard media line with the airline plot in 2005, the Fort Dix Six and the latest plot to attack JFK Airport. The NY Times even went so far as to bury the JFK story on page 37 of the June 3rd edition. The other liberal major papers had the story on page 1 but without the banner headlines. To emphasize the story would remind us that there actually are people who want to kill us and that we are at war. But that doesn't fit the surrender agenda. Liberals don't want us to be reminded that they are perpetually waving the white flag. Of course if anyone had said, in the summer of 2001, that a plot was uncovered indicating that some guys with box cutters planned to hijack some airliners and fly them into the World Trade Center the response would have been exactly the same.
- Not mention that the perps are Muslims
- Claim the perps are inept…how could a bunch of rubes like this pull anything off
- Claim the perps have no funding
- Claim the perps weren't organized
- Claim the plot was only in the formative stages.
We know what the response will be if terrorists pull off another attack on the Republican watch. The same liberals who tried to gut the Patriot Act, whined about wiretaps, "torture at Gitmo", advocated for surrender timelines, will scream "Why didn't they connect the dots?!?". If an attack happens within the first year of a Democrat (God forbid) administration they will still blame George Bush. After all, didn't he cause Katrina?
During the 2004 presidential campaign the Democrat party pacifism and reluctance to defend the country was hinted at by Sen. John Kerry:
"We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance… I know we're never going to end prostitution. We're never going to end illegal gambling. But we're going to reduce it, organized crime, to a level where it isn't on the rise. It isn't threatening people's lives every day, and fundamentally, it's something that you continue to fight, but it's not threatening the fabric of your life."
Now the nightmare scenario has come true. They have almost succeeded. With the help of a couple of wobbly wishy-washy Republicans we can now truly say they own defeat and surrender. In fact, over the next eight months, we will be witness to the current crop of pathetic Democrat Presidential '08 hopefuls tripping over themselves to see who can be the alpha-wus on the war, bending over and raising the white flag the fastest.
Consider these remarks from our current House and Senate leadership:
Harry Reid (D) Senate Majority Leader
"I believe myself that the secretary of state, secretary of defense and - you have to make your own decisions as to what the president knows - (know) this war is lost and the surge is not accomplishing anything as indicated by the extreme violence in Iraq yesterday"
Nancy Pelosi (D) House Speaker
"This isn't a war to win but a situation to be solved...You can define winning any way you want but you must solve the problem.' November 8, 2006 to Brit Hume"
Now that we are into the '08 campaign the Democrat Party's impulse to raise the white flag is on full display. These candidates can't surrender fast enough.
Hillary Clinton (D)
My first priority is to bring the troops home from Iraq. - Third Democratic Debate - June 4, 2007"
"The war on terror is a slogan designed only for politics, not a strategy to make America safe. It's a bumper sticker, not a plan. It has damaged our alliances and weakened our standing in the world. By framing this as a 'war,' we have walked straight into the trap that the terrorists have set -- that we are engaged in some kind of clash of civilizations and a war against Islam. - Third Democratic Debate - June 4, 2007"
Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D)
"Re: On Killing Bin Laden: I don't think that a president of the United States who believes in peace and who wants to create peace in the world is going to be using assassination as a tool, because when you do that, it comes back at your country - Third Democratic Debate - June 4, 2007"
Ironically we have heard the clarion call from the liberals since the fall of the Taliban:
Now we have a Democratic presidential candidate who gets squeamish when it comes to killing bin Laden. Dennis Kucinich, who says he will establish the Department of Peace if elected, would probably want to give bin Laden some restorative therapy, counseling and a teddy bear, assuming he had the guts to capture him.
- Where's Bin Laden?
- We outsourced the Tora Bora operation to the Afghans and let him get away.
John Hawkins, a blogger to Townhall.com and advisor to Republican presidential candidate Duncan Hunter, has listed nine reasons why the Democrats cannot be allowed anywhere near the presidency:
If a Democrat were to win in 2008, it would give terrorists worldwide a four year respite to rebuild, reload, and run wild without serious opposition from the United States. The price our nation and our allies would pay in blood and treasure for that mistake would be incalculable.
- The Democratic insistence on treating the war on terrorism as a law enforcement issue will make it extremely difficult to deal with terrorist groups.
- Ronald Reagan once said that, "Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong."
- When the only credible Democratic voice on national security in the Senate, Joe Lieberman, was defeated in the Democratic primary last year, the message sent to Democrats was, "Being serious about defending America may cost you your job."
- The Democratic base doesn't take terrorism seriously and considers it to be nothing more than a distraction from socializing the economy, raising taxes, promoting gay marriage, and the other domestic issues that are near and dear to the heart of liberals.
- Using the American military to further the interests of our country makes liberals uncomfortable, even though they're usually happy to send the troops gallivanting off to the latest godforsaken hotspot that has caught the eye of liberal activists.
- When the U.N. Security Council has members like China, France, and Russia that seem to be financially in bed with every country we end up at loggerheads with, the UN is going to be even more hapless and ineffective than normal.
- The Democrats are overly concerned with "international opinion," AKA "European opinion."
- The Democrats want to close Guantanamo Bay and put the terrorists held there into the American court system.
- The intelligence programs that have helped prevent another 9/11 would be curtailed under a Democratic President.
They want you to feel safe. They must take your mind off the war. They want you to think about health care, a living wage, education, global warming, anti-smoking ordinances, L'Affaire Paris (Hilton) and multicultural non-issues like gay marriage. These are the issues that only a fat, happy and secure people can distract themselves with. If you still believe we are not in a war for our civilization please visit our page. If we lose this War On Terror we won't have the luxury of indulging ourselves with the non-issues.